Daniel Defense Recal May 2017
On May 30th, 2017 Daniel Defense announced a recall on certain firearms in it’s line. For details on the recall, and to check to see if your rifle is included in the recall, please see the recall notification dispatched to distributors below:
(Begin Recall Notice)
RE: Disconnector Safety Notification 05/30/2017
Dear Valued Partner, Daniel Defense is committed to the highest level of quality and safety. In keeping with that commitment we are issuing a safety notification related to a condition we identified with the Disconnector in the Fire Control Group. This safety notification applies to certain firearms manufactured between April 1, 2016 and March 3, 2017. In a few cases, a double fire condition has occurred with a single pull of the trigger. In the Company’s spirit to always do the right thing, Daniel Defense will correct any and all potential conditions at no cost to the consumer as part of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
To ensure your dealers—and ultimately end users— receive firearms that meet the highest level of quality and safety, please check each and every Daniel Defense firearm in your inventory to see if it falls within the scope of this safety notification. To begin, click the following link and enter the firearm’s serial number in the serial number search box:
This is an important Safety Notification and should be followed by all owners of Daniel Defense firearms.
If the firearm’s serial number was not indicated to be within the scope of the safety notification you are not subject to this safety notification and do not need to do anything further.
If the firearm’s serial number was indicated to be within the scope of this safety notification DO NOT SELL OR USE THE FIREARM(S) and initiate the following corrective action process.
CORRECTIVE ACTION PROCESS
1. REMOVE THE MAGAZINE, CLEAR THE FIREARM and always follow the NRA Gun Safety Rules.
2. Go to www.DanielDefense.com/Safety to fill out the Return Merchandise Authorization Form.
3. A Daniel Defense representative will contact you as soon as possible to provide you with shipping instructions, including a pre-paid and pre-addressed UPS shipping label(s) and box(es).
4. Remove the upper receiver from the lower receiver by removing the front pivot pin and the rear take down pin. Reference the Daniel Defense owner’s manual for more detailed instructions.
5. Ship the lower receiver(s) to Daniel Defense using the pre-paid and pre-addressed UPS shipping label(s) and box(es).
6. Daniel Defense will inspect and perform a corrective action in the most expeditious manner.
7. Once the inspection is complete and any necessary corrective action is taken, the lower receiver(s) will be shipped back to you and tracking information will be provided.
To ensure 100% of future shipments meet our highest standard of quality and safety, we have implemented new quality assurance and testing procedures that resolve any potential conditions associated with the Disconnector.
Thank you. Marvin C. Daniel
(End of recall notice)
Clarksville Guns & Archery – Guns for sale.